Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best mac and cheese ever. My daughter's favorite meal is Mac&cheese and making this gives us both a little more variety and a lot more nutrition.
- 1 (32 ounce) package reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring broth to boil. Add pasta and return to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add vegetables, cook until tender.
- Combine milk and flour in resealable container; shake well to combine. Stir into pasta. Cook and stir until thickened. Gradually add cheese and stir until melted.