Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Parent's magazine. I think this will be a real kid pleaser. The picture makes it look like a real Mommy pleaser too! ****UPDATE**** I HAVE MADE THIS NOW & HAVE SOME FURTHER SUGGESTIONS TAKING INTO ACCOUNT REVIEWERS INFO ALSO. I ADDED SOME GARLIC, DRIED MUSTARD AND ITALIAN SEASONING. THIS RECIPE IS A GREAT STARTING POINT YOU CAN ADJUST TO YOUR LIKING. MY OLDER NIECE AND NEPHEW ASKED ME TO MAKE THIS FOR THEM AGAIN. IT IS BLAND IF YOU DON'T MAKE SOME PERSONAL ADJUSTMENTS.** ENJOY AND BE CREATIVE, I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU COME UP WITH!
- 32 ounces pck reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Add vegetables. Cook until pasta and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Combine milk and flour in a sealable container and shake until well combined. Stir into pasta mixture. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Gradually add the cheese, stirring until melted.
I made this according to the regular recipe in the magazine (with hamburger) and it was okay. I can also see how children would love this soup. I did the same as a previous reviewer: add seasoning salt, garlic powder, ground mustard and pepper.
Not only it was bland. But, 6 oz of pasta was too much. I ended up having pasta rather than soup.