I love this recipe. It's super easy and takes no time at all. I simply put all the ingredients in the rice cooker and press start. Below are the 2 simple steps to take. For my fuzzy cooker I simply let it go through the whole rice cycle and the texture and taste is great. Every rice cooker is different. So make sure to have a peak at it again after step 2. I found it on weelicious and tweaked it fit our taste
- 473.18 ml pasta (i used macaroni)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 heavy whipping cream
- 473.18 ml cheese (i used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella )
- 59.14 ml cheddar cheese, to top off at the end of the cyle
- 113.39 g of smoked cooked ham (if u like meat in this dish)
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1. Place the first 4 ingredients in the rice cooker and cook for about 12 minutes. That's when the water starts to boil.
- 2. Open the lid, add the milk/cream mixer, cheese, nutmeg and smoked ham, stir to combine. Close the lid and cook till it switches to the keep warm setting.
- *Rice cookers heat differently. So make sure to check the mac & cheese in step 2 after about 15-20 minutes once or twice so as to not over cook it.
- 3. Once rice cooker goes to warm add the 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and let rest for 5 minutes Turn cooker off.
- * ideas: You can also add a cup of precooked ham in 2 step if u like. It adds a nice flavor or omit it.