1/1 Photo of Mac and Cheese Rice Cooker Recipe
I love this recipe. It's super easy and takes no time at all. I simply put all the ingredients in the rice cooker and press start. Below are the 2 simple steps to take. For my fuzzy cooker I simply let it go through the whole rice cycle and the texture and taste is great. Every rice cooker is different. So make sure to have a peak at it again after step 2. I found it on weelicious and tweaked it fit our taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pasta (i used macaroni)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese (i used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella )
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, to top off at the end of the cyle
- 4 ounces of smoked cooked ham (if u like meat in this dish)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 11. Place the first 4 ingredients in the rice cooker and cook for about 12 minutes. That's when the water starts to boil.
- 22. Open the lid, add the milk/cream mixer, cheese, nutmeg and smoked ham, stir to combine. Close the lid and cook till it switches to the keep warm setting.
- 3*Rice cookers heat differently. So make sure to check the mac & cheese in step 2 after about 15-20 minutes once or twice so as to not over cook it.
- 43. Once rice cooker goes to warm add the 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and let rest for 5 minutes Turn cooker off.
- 5* ideas: You can also add a cup of precooked ham in 2 step if u like. It adds a nice flavor or omit it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Cheese Rice Cooker Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 1387.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
heavy whipping cream