Member #610488's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is how I make Macaroni and Cheese a dish to remember.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw overnight the package of Simply Macaroni & Cheese in the refrigerator.
- 2When ready to cook, preheat oven for 400 degrees F.
- 3In a frying pan or large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the bacon fat on medium-high. When fat has melted and is sizzling, add the mushrooms and saute them for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Open the package of Simply Macaroni & Cheese and add to the frying pan. Mix well and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the white truffle oil around the pan and stir well to combine all of the flavors.
- 5Pour the mixture into a deep glass or ceramic bread loaf pan. Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of bacon fat in the microwave and stir in the panko breadcrumbs. Stir well to incorporate the bacon fat. Top the mac and cheese with the panko breadcrumbs evenly.
- 6Bake in the upper portion of the oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the cheese sauce is bubbly. Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Cheese My Way #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Macaroni & Cheese
white truffle oil