Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is My very own twist on a great comfort dish. If you love potato's and Mac and cheese, then this is for you.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of aged parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine olive oil, garlic or garlic powder, salt and pepper into a bowl. Brush on or rub onto potatoes. Bake at 375°F for an hour and a half.
- Boil water for macaroni.
- In a separate pot, add 2 tablespoons of butter. When melted, add the flour and keep stirring. Once the Roux gets a golden brown color, Add in chicken broth (keep stirring) then add in cream. At this time you should have the macaroni almost cooked and ready to strain. Now start to add the cheese into the roux one small Handle full at a time. Make sure cheese is completely melted before adding another handful.
- Now shut off the flame to your cheese sauce and drain your macaroni. Add macaroni slowly into Sauce. Sit a side and let cool.
- Take potatoes out of oven and let cool. Slice in halves and core out middle of potatoes. Take remaining Butter and place into center of potato skins.
- Now, scoop macaroni into Potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes. Bake for 10 minutes on 350°F Then move to broiler and broil tops of potatoes until golden brown.
- Let cool, Garnish with parsley or chives and serve.
- Remember, Mac and cheese should be enjoyed, not devoured. Good Luck!
This was suprisingly good. I really expected the kids to like it, but honey and I liked it too. Comfort food to the core. It was funny because while I was making these I was watching the Martha Stewert Show and they were reviewing hotdogs. One of their top choices was a dog covered with mac and cheese. Weird, hugh?! Anyway, my kids insist that we do this again. Yummy! Made for PAC Fall 2008.