A friend from work gave me this recipe when I was taking care of my niece and nephew. It is a HUGE hit with kids of all ages and a great alternative to throwing hot dogs in with box mac and cheese! My friend said it was all the flavors of a baseball park in one dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown hot dogs in 1 tbsp olive oil, remove and drain.
- 2Add 1 tbsp olive oil and butter, saute onions; add flour and cook 1 minute
- 3Add beer, whisk in milk (kind of making a roux) bring to bubble.
- 4Stir in mustard and ketchup.
- 5Lower heat, add 2 c of cheese. Stir until it melts.
- 6Combine macaroni, hot dogs, and sauce. Coat evenly. Pour into large casserole dish and top with rest of cheese. Melt and brown under broiler for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1485.7
- Calories from Fat 781
- Total Fat 86.8 g
- Saturated Fat 38.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.0 mg
- Sodium 4186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 62.3 g