1/3 Photos of Mac and Cheese Cupcakes
Whether you serve them as children's finger food or cocktail-party nibbles, these miniature mac-and-cheese cupcakes are downright adorable. They're so easy to fix the kids can help you with most of the work, too. In my tests, the panko crust worked only for the miniature cupcakes. When I tried it with regular-size muffin tins, the cupcakes got stuck. If you must use a regular-size muffin tin, skip the panko and use cupcake liners. From azcentral.com and Meghan Pembleton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare pans:
- 4Either line a muffin tin with 12 paper or foil cupcake liners, or grease mini muffin pans (enough for 24 mini cupcakes) with butter and sprinkle with panko crumbs, dumping out excess crumbs.
- 5When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.
- 6Stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; stir into pasta.
- 9Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- 10Bake 20 minutes for full-size cupcakes; 15 minutes for mini cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Cheese Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 279.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g