Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whether you serve them as children's finger food or cocktail-party nibbles, these miniature mac-and-cheese cupcakes are downright adorable. They're so easy to fix the kids can help you with most of the work, too. In my tests, the panko crust worked only for the miniature cupcakes. When I tried it with regular-size muffin tins, the cupcakes got stuck. If you must use a regular-size muffin tin, skip the panko and use cupcake liners. From azcentral.com and Meghan Pembleton.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare pans:
- Either line a muffin tin with 12 paper or foil cupcake liners, or grease mini muffin pans (enough for 24 mini cupcakes) with butter and sprinkle with panko crumbs, dumping out excess crumbs.
- When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; stir into pasta.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes for full-size cupcakes; 15 minutes for mini cupcakes.
I've also added 1/2 packet of cooked bacon pieces. It came out lovely. It's such a novel idea - lovely for picnics.
Very nice. The recipe made over 40 miniature cupcakes. I sprinkled Panko on the top of each mini muffin and then drizzled just a tiny bit of butter on top of that before baking. An inexpensive appetizer that seemed to intrigue everyone. I think these taste best served warm, rather than at room temperature.
I have e been making these for a couple of years now The men and the kids love them, not many are left for the ladies.
I made them ahead of time in miniature tart pans, cooked them and then freeze them. They heat up very well. The changes I make are to add bacon , sun-dried tomatoes parsley and top with a little more cheese. thanks for posting