1/2 Photos of Mac and Cheese
Nikki Dinki Cooking's Note:
The PERFECT mac and cheese. CLASSIC, EASY and SO SO CHEESY it will still blow guests away!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Pasta 1 to 2 minutes shy of packaged directions.
- 2In the meantime, Melt butter and saute onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
- 3Add Flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add milk and stir/whisk till it is combined in mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, let simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 6Shred all cheese and combine.
- 7Add in 6 cups of cheeses to milk and stir until melted.
- 8Combined cheese sauce with pasta and transfer to a baking dish.
- 9Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese and put under broiler till the top is crusty and brown.
- 10If you want a true baked mac and cheese, bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. And for a stove top version serve with out baking.
- 11For a step by step video on how to make this recipe search "Nikki Dinki Mac and cheese" on youtube. I show you every step!
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1002.4
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 1185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 54.9 g