Spicy tofu is very popular in Japan. For a vegetarian version, try Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ instead of pork and swap the chicken bouillon for vegetable. Great both ways! Posted for ZWT II '06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1/2 lb ground pork or 1/2 lb veggie crumbles
- 1/2 onion
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules, granule
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Press tofu and cut into small cubes.
- 2Mince onion, garlic, and ginger root.
- 3Mix water, miso, sugar, sake, salt, and bouillon in a bowl.
- 4Heat oil in a wok and saute onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flake.
- 5Add ground pork in the wok and saute.
- 6Add miso mixture in the wok and bring to a boil.
- 7Add tofu and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 8Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water and pour into the wok.
- 9Stir carefully and pour sesame oil.
- 10Serve with rice or noodles and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mabu Dofu (Spicy Tofu)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 892.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: