Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Traditionally eating during the Mabon festival.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-muffin tin or line it with paper liners.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend the eggs, sugar and oil until well combined. Stir in the grated apples and carrots.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend the dry ingredients with the apple mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes.
These were very tasty and easy to make. Some chopped nuts might have been a good addition. I used greek yogurt instead of the oil to make them low fat.