Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A Pot Roast with a little twist to correspond with the holiday.
- 4 -5 lbs pot roast
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 4 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) packageraw baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- In an oven safe pot w/lid brown both side of the roast, using half the butter.
- Set the roast aside.
- With remaining butter, sauté' the onion, garlic, and celery until onions are tender and beginning to brown.
- Add the thyme, parsley, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Mix well and then return the pot roast to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt over the roast and add the french onion soup.
- Cook at 325F for 4 hours.
- Baste meat as needed.
- Add potatoes and carrots and salt to taste.
- Cook for another 45 minutes.
- Add broccoli/cauliflower mix and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Serve with hot bread.