Chef #1277805's Note:
Tofu with sauce. To go over rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g tofu (one block)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or no meat)
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1/2 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with a little water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1Bring pot of water to a boil to blanche the tofu.
- 2Bring another pot of water to boil to cook some rice.
- 3Heat a large skillet in medium high.
- 4Put the sesame oil in the skillet (about two swirls) and use it to brown the beef, garlic, ginger, and green onion.
- 5Start cooking the rice in one of the pots.
- 6After the tofu has been blanched drain it and put it in the skillet with the vingegar. Mix ingredients and let it simmer for 3 minute
- 7Next add the stock, miso, chili oil to taste and starch.
- 8Add enough soy sauce to make the liquid a carmel color.
- 9By now the liquid should be thickened and the rice should be done cooking.
- 10Fill a bowl with rice and then scoop the tofu and sauce on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mabo Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 301.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: