Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tofu with sauce. To go over rice
- 300 g tofu (one block)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or no meat)
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1⁄2 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with a little water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- Bring pot of water to a boil to blanche the tofu.
- Bring another pot of water to boil to cook some rice.
- Heat a large skillet in medium high.
- Put the sesame oil in the skillet (about two swirls) and use it to brown the beef, garlic, ginger, and green onion.
- Start cooking the rice in one of the pots.
- After the tofu has been blanched drain it and put it in the skillet with the vingegar. Mix ingredients and let it simmer for 3 minute
- Next add the stock, miso, chili oil to taste and starch.
- Add enough soy sauce to make the liquid a carmel color.
- By now the liquid should be thickened and the rice should be done cooking.
- Fill a bowl with rice and then scoop the tofu and sauce on top.