Recipe by MarieRynr
This is the granola I used to make my children when they were growing up (to get something healthy into them) They always really enjoyed it and I have been known to enjoy a bowl or two myself!! I got the recipe from my good friend Mabel.
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup nuts (chopped hazelnuts, walnuts, whatever strikes your fancy)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rolled oats, seeds, wheat germ and bran.
- Heat togethe oil and honey.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour this over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture out onto cookie sheets and toast in 350*F oven for 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- When done add the dry fruit, nuts and coconut.
- Store in an airtight container.