1/2 Photos of Mabel Drake's Three Bean Salad
This is one of those recipes that you just can't walk away from at the summer potluck. My sister's MIL makes it and I beg her for it every chance I get! Apparently it is a family recipe in her hubby's family, though I can't say I know who Mabel was. Regardless, I owe thanks to Mabel for a darn fine salad that is bright, refreshing, and COMPLETELY addictive! Number of servings is my best guess, and prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thinly
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced very finely
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Combine beans through green pepper and set aside.
- 2Slightly warm remaining ingredients in a pan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Do not let this get hot!
- 3Stir into bean mixture to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Drain well before serving and toss with oil to seal in marinade flavor.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mabel Drake's Three Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 373.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: