Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These cookies are traditionally made with a form. However, these are just as delicious and take less effort with similar taste.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 -7 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pistachios, chopped fine
- powdered sugar
- Mix flout and sugar. Cut in the butter. Add 1 tablespoon rose water and just enough milk to bind mixture.
- Nut filling: mix and set aside- 1 1/2 cups nuts, 4 - 5 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons rose water.
- Take a walnut size lump of dough and make a hole in the center to make a hollow container. Fill with the nut mix. Cover opening by folding and pinching. Prick with fork. Bake at t325 for 20 to 30 minutes.
- DO NOT BROWN!
- Cool before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar.
I hate to say it, but these were not sweet and I couldn't taste the rose flavor much. They were time consuming to make, but if they had been more tasty I wouldn't have minded a bit?!