1/3 Photos of Ma Tante's Caramelized Pear & Ginger Tart
Baby Kato's Note:
This is a quick and easy dessert. It is the bomb. I love the combination of pears, almonds and candied ginger. I got this recipe from my aunt...it is too die for. Hope that you enjoy it as much as we have. We use a shortbread pie crust for this recipe, feel free to use your favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pears, large, bartlett, peeled and quartered, cut 1 1/2 - 2-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, brown
- 2 teaspoons ginger, candied, finely minced
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 2 eggs, large
- 2/3 cup cream, hard (whipping cream)
- 6 tablespoons almonds, ground
- 4 teaspoons pear brandy (optional... may use pear nectar)
- 1 cup cream, whipped cream, garnish
- 1 teaspoon ginger, candied, shredded, garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Peel and slice pears,
- 3Caramelize the pears in butter and 3 tbsps sugar. Cook until a nice golden brown and set aside to cool.
- 4Arrange the cooled, caramelized pears nicely in the unbaked pie crust.
- 5Blend together the eggs, remaining sugar, minced candied ginger, cream, ground almonds and pear brandy or nectar.
- 6Pour the custard mixture over the pears and place in a preheated oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. (or until done)
- 7Let rest for 10 minutes before serving -- this is equally as good cold as it is warm.
- 8When ready garnish with a large dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle remaining shredded candied ginger overtop.
- 9Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma Tante's Caramelized Pear & Ginger Tart
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.4
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 226.4 mg
- Sodium 424.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: