Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Replication of a favourite dish at a local restaurant - Pork can be substituted the Turkey if you prefer. My partner, who is not a Tofu fan, loves this dish.
- 500 g ground turkey
- 500 g firm tofu, Diced
- 1 small white onion, Diced
- 2 garlic cloves, Finely Diced
- fresh ginger, 1 square inch, Finely Diced
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 10 medium green onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, Diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, Diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon minced hot red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Braise Onion, Garlic, Ginger, White Onion & Five Spice in Peanut Oil for a minute or two.
- Add Ground Turkey and cook until brown.
- Add Hot Red Pepper, Lime Juice, Tomato, 3/4 of the Sweet Red Pepper, 3/4 of the Green Onions, Tomato Catsup, Soy Sauce & Chicken consommé and cook (covered but check and stir often) on a medium heat until 3/4 of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add Tofu and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Add Remaining Sweet Red Pepper and Green Onions, along with the sesame oil, cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or in lettuce leaf cups.
This was good but not the same as the restaurant we go to. This I think is much healthier than what I get when I order it out. I think I will make it again.