French Tart, this is for you! When 4th of July rolls around in Bowerbank, Maine, it's off to the farmer's market for the first of the fresh peas!! Please don't overcook the tender sweet leetle things. ;)
- Line a heavy skillet or Dutch oven with 3 to 4 large lettuce leaves.
- Add peas; sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Dot with butter over the top of peas.
- Top with another lettuce leaf or two.
- Cover tightly and cook over medium low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until peas are JUST tender.
- Check and add small amounts of water if the peas are drying out.
- Lettuce may be chopped and served with peas, if desired.