Recipe by Notherjack
This recipe was handed down from my late mother-in-law and it is a simple yet delicious quick breakfast. My son loves them. Any salsa will work, store bought or homemade, you choose the heat, I prefer the chunky kind. I've also added ham or sausage with the salsa for good results.
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear the tortilla into bite sized pieces.
- In a hot dry skillet, fry the tortilla pieces until they just start to brown.
- While they are cooking, beat the eggs with a little water.
- Lower the heat to Med and stir in the salsa.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and salt to taste.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the eggs are just set.
- The eggs will continue cooking after you take them off the heat.