Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was handed down from my late mother-in-law and it is a simple yet delicious quick breakfast. My son loves them. Any salsa will work, store bought or homemade, you choose the heat, I prefer the chunky kind. I've also added ham or sausage with the salsa for good results.
- Tear the tortilla into bite sized pieces.
- In a hot dry skillet, fry the tortilla pieces until they just start to brown.
- While they are cooking, beat the eggs with a little water.
- Lower the heat to Med and stir in the salsa.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and salt to taste.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the eggs are just set.
- The eggs will continue cooking after you take them off the heat.
This is a nice easy and tasty breakfast but I just love the taste of salsa and eggs together. I also added some shredded monterey jack cheese and let it melt just a bit.
Down here in South Texas, this dish is known as "migas". Instead of salsa, also try sauteeing some chopped onion and tomato before adding the eggs.
Yum! This was so easy and so good. The only changes I made was to use seasoned salt instead of plain and once everything was cooked I melted hot pepper jack cheese. When I was down in Texas we stopped at a little TexMex restaurant. I think they called this Migas. You could easily add some meat such as Chorizo or plain sausage. Great recipe and congrats for being chosen Chef of the Day.