Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is from the cookbook "Savor the Flavor of Oregon". Fairly standard chicken soup recipe kicked up a notch with curry. Could easily be adapted for crock pot.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens, cut up and skinned
- 8 cups water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 cup noodles (I use corkscrew for fun!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except the noodles into a large pot; bring to a boil then reduce heat a simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken; let broth simmer another hour or two.
- Take chicken off bones and return chicken to pot.
- Add noodles and cook until noodles are done (see noodle package for expected time).