Recipe by Abby C
For a little holiday fun try these babies... they're so light but have so much great chocolatly taste!(Recipe courtesy M&M's Brand Website)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature M&M baking bits (150g)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (150g)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (675g)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- assorted food coloring
- 3 cups powdered sugar (1350g)
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven 375°F (190°C).
- Working with half of dough at a time on lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8 inch (3 mm) inch thickness.
- Cut into pairs of desired shapes using 3 inch (7. 6 cm) cookie cutters.
- Re-roll trimmings and cut out more cookies.
- Place cutouts 1 inch (2. 54 cm) apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes.
- Immediately cut 1 cookie of each pair in half vertically.
- Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute; cool completely on wire racks.
- Prepare Decorating Glaze: By combining powdered sugar and egg whites in medium bowl until smooth.
- Color glaze with food colors as desired.
- Pour glaze over backs of cookies.
- Let set.
- Spread line of glaze down cut edge of cookie.
- Press half cookie to middle of whole cookie.
- Let set.
- Repeat with remaining half of cookie, attaching half cookie to middle back of whole cookie.
- Using glaze to attach, decorate cookies with"M&M's"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits.
- Store in tightly covered container.