Recipe by 2atdiemer
Clipped from the coupon section.
Top Review by TransplantedHusker
Saw this lonley recipe and tried it for Father's Day. I used 1/4 C of milk instead of heavy cream as I forgot to pick up cream at the store. Turned out great. I agree with other review - very, very rich but a nice twist on your standard brownie mix.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix (for 13x9-inch pan)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag M&M's (for the Holidays)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into 13x9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly. Cover with 1 cup of M&M's.
- In another mixing bowl, thoroughly beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Slowly add the heavy cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Evenly spoon the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out almost clean.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Optional: Just before serving, top with a layer of whipped cream.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Prior to serving, decorate with additional M&M's. Store in refrigerator.