Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
These irresistible bars can sweeten any holiday! Very rich and heavenly!
Top Review by Chef Crystal Cooks
I had a day of baking with my granddaughter and we had so much fun making recipes with M&M's, her favorite. We made these and she brought some home. Her father and brothers were thrilled! I have to admit they were very good! We will be making again for the holidays if not sooner!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M'
- 3 ounces white candy coating
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats.
- Pressed into greased 15x10 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt caramels and water.
- Spread over crust, Sprinkle with chips, nuts and M&M's.
- Gently press into caramel mixture.
- Melt confectionery coating, drizzle over top.
- Cut into bars.