Recipe by KitchenManiac
Something i found from the kahlua website (www.kahlua.com) which turned out really well. And man...who can refuse M&Ms and kahlua!! Turns out a nice brown colour, with brightly coloured candy bits. I think the wonderful texture came from the grounded oatmeal. Try this for something different.
Top Review by Lisa in Acworth, GA
Very tasty cookies although they were much more like an oatmeal cookie than I expected. Next time I think I will add a bit more Kahlua b/c I would have liked the taste to be stronger. All in all, very tasty and different! These are a crispy cookie - FYI. I also had 4 dozen when I was finished. Thanks for a fun recipe!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy (mini M&Ms are better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream the butter and the sugars until well blended on LOW speed.
- Add eggs, vanilla and Kahlua.
- Measure the oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold it gently (but well) into the butter mixture.
- Add M&M's.
- Roll into balls and place 2-inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°F (190°C).