Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup M&M', plain chocolate candy
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful about 3" apart onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Press additional candies into each cookie if desired.
- Bake until light brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly; remove to a wire rack.
Baked these exactly as written; they did turn out chewy and nicely browned, but found the next day that they are incredibly salty and a little bland. Would probably add baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt next time.
Very good! The cookies turned out a golden brown and nice and chewy. The only change I made was to add 1 tsp. of baking soda because I thought it was a little odd that it didn't call for any. Thanks for a great cookie recipe!
Yummy! I used 3/4 c. butter flavored Crisco stick instead of butter. Very Good! Thanks for sharing.