- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Blend shortening and sugars in a large bowl.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients together; add to sugar-egg mixture, blending well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup candies (reserve remaining for decorating).
- Drop from teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet; decorate tops with remaining candies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies with spatula to wire racks; cool completely.