Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are best the day after you make them.
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together; butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
This was a great recipe! The cookies took more like 11 minutes to bake instead of the 8-10 listed (my oven usually bakes things at the shortest recommended time too!). Also, I ground up the oatmeal in a food processor to make the texture finer. Plus, my son is allergic to eggs, so I used Ener-G egg replacer to substitute the eggs. I love when recipes work with the replacer so that my son can enjoy fun treats! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I will definitely be making it again!
These are very very good! Chewy, yet a little crisp. The oatmeal gives a great texture, without giving the oatmeal "the starring role" of the cookie. (You'd really never know that there was oatmeal in it). I will make these again for sure. Thanx for the yummy recipe.
I've done a similar recipe, adding extra vanilla, ground cloves, and a little ginger... but the recipe I'd used, had used white sugar, as well as the brown.