Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from the Black Dog in Michigan.
- 177.44 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml buckwheat flour
- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 29.58 ml cornmeal (optional)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 236.59-354.88 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- In a seperate bowl beat the eggs with one cup of milk and the melted butter.
- Add this wet mixture to your dry ingredients until you have a basic pancake batter. Add the additional 1/2 cup of milk if the mixture is too thick, but don't stir too much or pancakes will be tough.
- When the batter is ready gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a griddle, adding a little clarified butter or oil. Ladle a five inch circle of batter onto the griddle. Drop a few slices of banana into each circle. Cook pancakes until the tops are covered with tiny bubbles, then flip them over and finish cooking.
- Serve hot with butter and pure maple syrup.
- Favorite Variation:.
- Rasputin's Revenge (named after one of The Black Dog's best dishwashers).
- To the basic batter add:.
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips.