This is a recipe from the Black Dog in Michigan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- 1Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- 2In a seperate bowl beat the eggs with one cup of milk and the melted butter.
- 3Add this wet mixture to your dry ingredients until you have a basic pancake batter. Add the additional 1/2 cup of milk if the mixture is too thick, but don't stir too much or pancakes will be tough.
- 4When the batter is ready gently fold in the blueberries.
- 5Heat a griddle, adding a little clarified butter or oil. Ladle a five inch circle of batter onto the griddle. Drop a few slices of banana into each circle. Cook pancakes until the tops are covered with tiny bubbles, then flip them over and finish cooking.
- 6Serve hot with butter and pure maple syrup.
- 7Favorite Variation:.
- 8Rasputin's Revenge (named after one of The Black Dog's best dishwashers).
- 9To the basic batter add:.
- 101/2 cup sliced strawberries and.
- 111/4 cup chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for M Go Blue Banana Blueberry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 1280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g