Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from the Black Dog in Michigan.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- In a seperate bowl beat the eggs with one cup of milk and the melted butter.
- Add this wet mixture to your dry ingredients until you have a basic pancake batter. Add the additional 1/2 cup of milk if the mixture is too thick, but don't stir too much or pancakes will be tough.
- When the batter is ready gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a griddle, adding a little clarified butter or oil. Ladle a five inch circle of batter onto the griddle. Drop a few slices of banana into each circle. Cook pancakes until the tops are covered with tiny bubbles, then flip them over and finish cooking.
- Serve hot with butter and pure maple syrup.
- Favorite Variation:.
- Rasputin's Revenge (named after one of The Black Dog's best dishwashers).
- To the basic batter add:.
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips.