Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple and elegant potato dish.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place half the butter and chopped onion in a large sauté pan over medium/medium-low heat.
- Cook until tender.
- Remove onion from pan to a separate bowl While onions are cooking peel potatoes and slice evenly into 1/8 slices.
- After removing onion from pan, add remaining butter and potato, a pinch of salt and a couple grinds of pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally until brown around the edges and tender.
- About 20-30 minutes.
- Add most of the chopped parsley and onion, toss to mix.
- Season to taste.
- Place in serving bowl, cover with reserved caramelized onion and parsley for garnish.