Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a friend of my MIL who assures me this is a do not fail recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Ginger fluff variation
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Grease and flour 2x 20 cm tins then line the base with baking paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy[approx 15 min].
- Sift dry ingredients and then fold into the egg mixture.
- To make into a ginger fluff take out 1 T of dry sifted ingredients out before folding and discard.
- Replace with cocoa and ground ginger before adding to the egg mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.