lynnski / LA's Note:
These easy to make cupcakes with a light crumb and a bright vanilla flavor do not require any decoration to be a hit. It's one of the most popular cupcakes at Joan's on Third, a Cafe and Market Place in downtown Los Angeles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups and 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 lb butter (one stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees, and line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners, or grease cups.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together the flour with the baking powder and salt; in a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the milk and vanilla extract; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl & using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) cream the butter, gradually add in the sugar, beat until light and fluffy, about five minutes.
- 4Beat in the eggs , one at a time, until fully incorporated; beat in the flour and milk mixtures, alternating one-third of each at a time, until mixture is fully incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- 5Fill each muffin cup three-fourths full of batter; and bake until puffed, and lightly golden, about 18 to 20 minutes; test with a wood pick inserted in the middle of a cupcake, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done; cool the cupcakes before frosting.
- 6Frosting & final assembly:.
- 7In a large bowl beat the butter with one-half of the powdered sugar until combined; beat in the milk and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating until smooth.
- 8With the mixer set to low speed, gently beat in the remaining sugar until combined; increase the speed and continue to beat until the frosting is light and fluffy; this makes about 2 1/2 cups of frosting.
- 9Frost each cupcake with a generous 2 tablespoons of frosting.
- 10And enjoy.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lynnski's Fave Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 65.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g