Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy, quick & tasty.....Oh ya Healthy too!!!!!
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses (I use a bit more)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I use soya milk)
- 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat flour)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (I use 1/4)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran (I use a mixtrue of wheat & oat bran)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (any fruit "or" fruit & nut mixture ( I like blueberry & cranberry)
- Cream shortening ans sugar.
- Add molasses ans eggs and beat.
- Add milk then bran.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda& salt.
- Add to liquid ingredients then add fruit.
- Or be like me and put everything in one bowl& mix.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.
- Makes 12 large, 15 medium 0r 18 small.
Great taste but a bit sticky in texture, perfectly sweet. I used egg replacer and the results were fine.
I used All Bran in mine and added dates to half and blueberries to the other half. Quick an easy to mix. Very tasty not to sweet almost as good as Tim Hortons.