Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a vegan smoothie from Healthy Kids by Marilu Henner. She uses a lot of soy, but you could sub. regular cow's milk products. This makes a really thick smoothie. The database wouldn't accept 2 capsules of acidophilus, which is in the recipe. I don't think it's critical, though! I added 1 capsule of enzymes instead.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed berry
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon soy protein powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil (optional)
- 1 pinch alfalfa
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
I used almond milk instead of soy, a mixture of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, and nutritional yeast instead of soy powder. Loved it! Thanks!