Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love really tart lemon bars. ****Baking Time does not include cooling time.*******
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, cold, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining flour until frothy.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I LOVE lemon bars and these do no disappoint!! I made 1/2 the batch since DH doesn't eat them (there is no chocolate) and I didn't want to eat the whole pan myself (though I could!!) They were super easy to make and nice and tart, but not too sour. Will be making these again! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #65.