Recipe by Leah K.
My dear friend Lynn shared this recipe with me and it was absolutely addicting!!! I was so enamoured with it that I began eating it for breakfast!!!! Hope you enjoy it as well!!!
Top Review by Lynn Amabile
Typically, my husband is not a great fan of gazpacho. But, for health reasons I made this recipe and he absolutely loved it! Now we make it all the time and it has become one of our regular meals.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled & diced
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped (6 large)
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- celery salt or garlic salt
- red pepper flakes
- cilantro, for garnish
- 6 tablespoons yogurt or 6 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or very large food processor puree the tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, carrots, lemon juice, spices, olive oil,@ 1/2 of the cucumber chunks and a 1/2 cup of water.
- Pour into a large bowl or tupperware container, stir in the remainder of the diced cucumber.
- Cover and chill overnight or for at least three hours.
- To serve, garnish soup with onion, avocado, cilantro, radishes, etc.