Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My middle son loves cobb salad. This is the version we like.
Make and share this Lynn's Cobb Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 10 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- seasoning salt
- 2 avocados, ripe, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, diced or 2 large tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped fine
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated or 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- salad dressing
- Cook bacon over medium heat until browned; drain on paper towels.
- Season cooked chicken cubes with seasoned salt, to taste.
- Toss avocados with lemon juice.
- Mix and layer lettuces on a large serving platter.
- Arrange rows of chicken, bacon, tomato, green onions, avocado, hard boiled egg, and shredded cheese on top of lettuce.
- Serve with choice of salad dressing.
Great salad! I made this as directed, but added a little bit of cheddar cheese too. This was great with a Peppercorn Ranch dressing. Thanks Lynn for a super salad.
This was so wonderfully fresh. I love a chopped salad with tons of toppings and this one fits the bill. Such a beautiful presentation, too. Thank you for the recipe!
We really enjoyed this. We made a beautiful salad for my Dh and I. We used the rest to make "to order" salads for the kids who would balk at some of the ingredients.