Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Named after my friend Lynn who gave me the recipe for this gorgeous Banana Cake. It is always so moist and I would almost say it is foolproof! Is even better topped with a Cream Cheese Icing.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place in a saucepan the sugar, mashed banana, bi-carb soda, milk and margarine/butter. Stir until it is a caramel colour. Cool mixture.
- When mixture is cool, add the eggs and flour. Mix until combined. Place into a greased cake/loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for approx 25-30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Top with your favourite Cream Cheese Icing when cooled.
This recipe was easy and I needed a cake to take to a pot luck in a hurry. This filled the bill! I did not find it quite as moist as I expected, but it was good and easy! Thanks for posting this recipe, Paulachops!
I was a little worried about the mixture in the saucepan it looked brownish-green! was fine though, lovely caramel colour when mixed with the flour. A beautiful cake! Very moist. Will make again.