Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Was looking for a Tuscan chicken stew recipe that mimicked what I had at my dad,s senior living home. I changed a few things from one of the recipes I found on this website. Here is what I came up with.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 small potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- Brown chicken in hot oil over medium high heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add green pepper and garlic to pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, water, green beans, potatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer on med/low heat for about a half hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cannellini beans. Enjoy.