Lynda Markwell's Note:
My deviled eggs are the result of fine-tuning and experimenting through the years. I especially like the spices (turmeric, dill weed) used in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice eggs lengthwise, slipping yolks into a separate bowl.
- 2(I set aside the egg halves that didn't come out perfectly and dice them for use in the egg salad mix.) Add onion, turmeric, dill weed, salt/pepper, about half of the paprika.
- 3Use a fork to loosen the egg yolks and blend with other ingredients before adding any moisture.
- 4This helps avoid those lumps of unmixed yolk you sometimes find.
- 5Add gherkins and juice.
- 6Add moisture: 1/4 cup mayo and approximately 2 tablespoons mustard to start; mix well.
- 7(I operate on the principle that you can always make a mix more moist, but taking it out is very hard!).
- 9Adjust moisture to your preference, using mayo, mustard or pickle juice- whichever is most needed.
- 10Scoop into egg white halves, top with paprika, chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lynda's Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: