Terri F.'s Note:
Another comfort-food recipe from my late MIL. You may substitute low-fat ingredients if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips (or other tender cut of beef)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Brown meat in oil in large frying pan.
- 2Mix flour, salt, and pepper, and add to meat.
- 3Continue cooking and stirring until flour begins to brown in pan.
- 4Add onion, garlic, and water.
- 5Use spatula to scrape pan clean, gathering all browned bits into the mixture.
- 6Add soup and mushrooms, and cook about 20 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
- 7Add sour cream and bring to serving temperature (don't boil!).
- 8Serve over hot noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lyla's Easy Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 691.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g