1/3 Photos of Lyla's Cranberry Muffins
Lyla, my mentor, used to bring these muffins to work on a pretty regular basis and because she put the orange zest in the muffins I only ate one (don't like zest). Last Feb. my father past away and she brought me these muffins and told me there wasn't any zest in the muffins. I ate another one and these have become my new comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Pour into shaker.
- 4In a medium bowl add cranberries and flour.
- 5Stir until cranberries are coated.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large bowl mix oatmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 8Cut butter into small bits adding butter to flour mixture.
- 9Mix until crumbly (pea size crumbs).
- 10Stir in cranberries.
- 11Make a well in center of cranberry/flour mixture.
- 12Stir together milk and eggs.
- 13Add to flour mixture.
- 14Stir just until combined.
- 15DO NOT OVER MIX.
- 16Scoop into 24 jumbo baking cups that have been placed in muffin tins.
- 17Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- 18Bake 375°F for 20 - 30 minutes.
- 19OPT. - grated rind of 1 orange, added to cranberry mixture, for you zest lovers.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lyla's Cranberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 239.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g