Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lyla, my mentor, used to bring these muffins to work on a pretty regular basis and because she put the orange zest in the muffins I only ate one (don't like zest). Last Feb. my father past away and she brought me these muffins and told me there wasn't any zest in the muffins. I ate another one and these have become my new comfort food.
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 340 g bag frozen cranberries
- 29.58 ml flour
- 354.88 ml oatmeal
- 709.77 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour into shaker.
- In a medium bowl add cranberries and flour.
- Stir until cranberries are coated.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix oatmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into small bits adding butter to flour mixture.
- Mix until crumbly (pea size crumbs).
- Stir in cranberries.
- Make a well in center of cranberry/flour mixture.
- Stir together milk and eggs.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Scoop into 24 jumbo baking cups that have been placed in muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake 375°F for 20 - 30 minutes.
- OPT. - grated rind of 1 orange, added to cranberry mixture, for you zest lovers.
Made these as per the recipe AND I included the orange zest in 'em, too, for some wonderfully delicious muffins that well-received when I shared them during a recent neighborhood gathering! Do love those cranberries! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]