Recipe by Terri F.
This is my mother-in-law's recipe, a family favorite. Lyla is gone now, but the whole family makes and enjoys this dish, and every time we do, we think of her.
Top Review by Nicole Schmitt
I enjoyed this and will make it again with a few modifications. I reduced the cook time by 15 minutes but the chicken was still a little dry. It also had a very strong onion taste so I will add more cream of chicken soup next time to add more moisture and lessen the onion taste. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe - I am glad I tried it.
- 6 -8 pieces chicken
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can water (soup can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix rice, soups, and water together.
- Put into greased casserole dish.
- Put chicken on top, and salt and pepper chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover, continue baking for 1/2 hour until chicken is lightly browned.