Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best recipe in my arsenal: my aunt Lydie's famous french pie crust. Perfect for use in making mini apple turnovers.
- For Crust:.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Slice butter stick by stick and put into bowl.
- Mix with clean hands until dough is the texture of sand.
- Add ice water a little at a time (while continuing to mix with hands) until a doughy texture. Note: Be careful to go slowly and not put too much water inches.
- Chill one hour.
- For turnovers:.
- (Preheat oven to 375 degrees).
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out into 6 to 8 inch circles.
- For each turnover, place slices of apples on half of each dough circle (leaving a rim for crust). Sprinkle cinammon and sugar on top of apples and place a slice of butter atop the pile.
- Dip your finger in cold water and moisten the entire edge of your dough circle.
- Fold the dough over the apples and press/pinch around edges to seal the turnover.
- Poke a few holes in the dough over the apples, brush with egg white and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Repeat and place turnovers on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Turnovers are done when golden brown.