2 hrs 40 mins
Stef In Sac's Note:
The best recipe in my arsenal: my aunt Lydie's famous french pie crust. Perfect for use in making mini apple turnovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Apple Turnovers
- 1For Crust:.
- 2Add dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- 3Slice butter stick by stick and put into bowl.
- 4Mix with clean hands until dough is the texture of sand.
- 5Add ice water a little at a time (while continuing to mix with hands) until a doughy texture. Note: Be careful to go slowly and not put too much water inches.
- 6Chill one hour.
- 7For turnovers:.
- 8(Preheat oven to 375 degrees).
- 9Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out into 6 to 8 inch circles.
- 10For each turnover, place slices of apples on half of each dough circle (leaving a rim for crust). Sprinkle cinammon and sugar on top of apples and place a slice of butter atop the pile.
- 11Dip your finger in cold water and moisten the entire edge of your dough circle.
- 12Fold the dough over the apples and press/pinch around edges to seal the turnover.
- 13Poke a few holes in the dough over the apples, brush with egg white and sprinkle sugar on top.
- 14Repeat and place turnovers on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Turnovers are done when golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lydie's Pie Crust / Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.6
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 473.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g