Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great rice dish from my friend Lydia. It's easy to make and freezes well. I just seved it for a party of 200 people and everyone wanted the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- Saute orzo pasta in oil till brown.
- Add rice and mix.
- Add in water, soup mix, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Recipe can be double and tripled easily.