Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A dear friend shared this recipe with me. It is an unusual combination of ingredients I thought, hence the name.
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapenos
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice, warm
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the mango, bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and jalapeno pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, saute fish fillets in heated olive oil.
- Note: I season the fish with a little salt and pepper.
- Saute the fish for about 5 minutes or until becomes firm and white.
- Add the beans and rice; cook 1-2 minutes or until warmed.
- Take skillet off of burner; add the mango mixture; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas; wrap up burrito style and serve immediately.