Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lychee is a crisp juicy fruit which is white or pinkish, translucent and glossy some what like the a grape, but the taste is sweeter and very refreshing. Making this salsa great for hot summer days! Serving with your favorite chips or top grilled fish, chicken, or pork.
- 473.18 ml fresh or canned lychees, pitted,peeled & diced
- 59.14 ml diced red bell pepper
- 14.79 ml sweet onion, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro or 14.79 ml parsley, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 14.78 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- cover tightly and refrigerate at least 3 hours, or overnight.
WHAT A GREAT & DIFFERENT SALSA! Made this to serve a lot of company I had this past weekend & it was extremely well received! I did use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, but otherwise followed the ingredients for A HIT DIP! Thanks for the recipe! A KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in our raw food group in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
Made it with canned Lychees and red onion and will make it again and again.
Very nice in color and taste. I made it for a potluck and it went pretty quick. I used two cans of whole pitted lychees and reserved the syrup for a smoothie (yum). I liked how one bite starts with a cool and sweet flavor that changes to a hot and spicy flavor in your mouth. The saltiness of tortilla chips really goes along with it too. Thanks!