Recipe by selfmadegirl
This is an interesting recipe adapted from one posted on celineyum.blogspot.com It's the first time I've seen lychee's used in muffins!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Lychees are one of my favorite fruits and I've been wanting to try these muffins for a long time! I was disappointed because they taste like corn muffins. I did not detect the coconut at all and the bits of lychee got lost in the overwhelming "corn muffin" flavor. I love the idea!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 20 ounces lychees (drained, chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl except for the shredded coconut.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just moistened.
- Fill muffin tins, and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.